This Was My Blessingway...
First, if you are not too sure what a blessing way is, let me tell you!
A blessingway is a sacred pre-birth ceremony that has traditionally been performed by Navajo people, and celebrates a woman's rite of passage into motherhood.
Or, you can call it a hippie-version of a baby shower. Personally, I think it is the most moment of honoring the mother, the baby, and the connection of mother nature and your girl friends/family.
Ever since I experienced my friend Brooke's blessing way, I knew I wanted one. When the time came for mine, I did some research online and had some hippie-style pregnancy books that mentioned some traditional pieces that you should incorporate into the ceremony. I had a some details, but then handed it over to my friends Kathy and Jen to really host the ceremony since the mother is not supposed too. What ended up happening was,
THE MOST MAGICAL MOMENT OF MY MOTHERHOOD LIFE SO FAR.
We all had an idea, but neither one of us had a real clue about what to do. I think that is why the ceremony was so magical. The universe coinspired this sacred event and created exactly what was made for me and my child.
Just in case you are interested in creating your own blessing way WHEN your baby is close to earthside...I invite you to check out some things we put together.
- Definitely, have to have the ceremony outside in Mother Nature
- Before the ceremony began each friend wrote a note to my lil girl for me to read to her when she is born. (I have not read them yet)
- Create your outdoor space the way you want.
- My friends found a bunch of sticks in the yard and had everyone paint them and hang them under the tree.
- An altar was created with candles and a bowl that held the ingredients that went into my foot bath
- A foot bath to cleanse the mother filled with roses, crystals, and essential oils
- We sat in a circle
- I sat comfortably on blankets and a pillow
- I set an intention for the ceremony
- My Mother read a prayer from our Jewish religion
- I bought crystals with a specific meaning and gave one out to each friend who I felt resonated with it. They went around the circle and read it out loud and added it to the foot bath.
- We had string that we tide around each person's wrist while Jen lead a mantra we all said together. We were bound together with the intention of once I go into labor everyone will cut the string off. (Also, a friend gave everyone a candle to do the same thing. To light the candle when I am in labor.)
We all felt it! That special connection of the divine feminine.
What was crazy, is that it has been so hot here, which is not normal during this time of year. The next day there was a big rainstorm. Mother Earth cleansed everyone and brought us the season of Fall.
After the ceremony we had lunch, then went to a winery, before we brought the party back to my house to have a fullon 80s-90s dance party!!!
A perfect day!
Goddess Momma Energy was all around me this day! Hope you enjoyed the pics!
Love & Light,